~ Reviews & Recommendations ~
~ Recommended Books ~
– “A Reasonable Life” by Ferenc Maté’ – One man’s perspective and associated rants on the absurdity of modern life…definitely worth a read. ARL gives it a grade of: A- . Read more review comments here.
– “A Conflict of Visions” by Thomas Sowell. A well rated book by all accounts. Again, on the reading list. Described as “a provocative analysis of the conflicting visions of human nature that have shaped the moral, legal and economic life of recent times. ” Mr. Sowell, it may be noted, is the Milton Friedman senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University and is one of the most highly regarded economists and social critic of our times. You can read more of his work in a variety of places including here and here.
– Meltdown by Thomas Woods – Perhaps the best explanation for the current economic crisis. Also recommend Woods’ other books, such as The Politically incorrect guide to American History.
~ Recommended Movies ~
– “Brazil” – More fun than 1984, ha, ha. ARL gives this an A+
– “Miami Blues” – Another cult-classic that kind of makes you wonder about who wants to carry a badge (or be president.) ARL gives this a B+, due to nudity and language.
– “Office Space” – Yet another cult-classic about the absurdity of modern working environments.
– “Idiocracy” – Not for everyone, but it very well could be the most accurate depiction of our nation’s future…devolution runs it’s course.
~ Favorite Music ~
– Locust Street Taxi! – Check out this great PNW band.
– Jeff Beck’s performance at Ronnie Scott’s – Just ordered a copy for the archives ….really fabulous, highly recommended. Check out the following clip with Imogen Heap.