I don’t know about you, but making lists can be a very useful way of focussing the mind, if nothing else. Here are a few examples. Feel free to suggest ideas for others. See links at the bottom for other resources.
Note: Many of the specialized websites referenced here for such items as long-term storage foods, preparedness, etc., provide a variety of really good lists. Rather than replicate them here, see the referenced links.
- A Great Compendium of Lists: The Big List (at Survival-Center.com)
- The Ten Essentials– The classic list of minimum gear for all off-road outings. Feel free to augment and improvise as needed.
- Extra Food & Water
- Extra Clothing
- Waterproof Matches
- Fire Starter
- Pocket Knife
- First Aid Kit
- Other “Survival” Lists – See this great guide at survival-center.com and a good excel spreadsheet of lists at survivalblog.com
- Food Stores (See more links here.)
- First Aid
- “Bug-Out Bags” (BOBs) or “Get Out of Dodge” (GOOD) Kits or “I’m Not Coming Home” (INCH) Lists
- The Car Kit
- Tools & Spares