The convergence boils down to this: it would be impossible to loot this much wealth if the State didn’t exist to enforce the “rules” of parasitic predation. In China, the Elite’s looting proceeds along somewhat different rules from the looting of Europe and the U.S., but the end result is the same in all financialized, centrally managed economies: an expansive kleptocracy best understood as the convergence of Marx, Orwell and Kafka.
ARL’s Top Posts
- Top Ten Handguns for Self-Defense – Part II – Semi-Automatic Pistols
- about ARL
- Self-Reliance Index
- Think – Have A Plan – Be Prepared
- Farming, Food & Living Well
- Family & Home
- Do It Yourself – DIY
- Going “Galt”: Is It Really Possible?
- Simplicity & Self-Reliance: In The Convergence Zone
- Where the Rubber Meets the Road: The Original SUV
- Misc. Survival Guides
- Useful Lists
- Just For Fun
- Economics & Market Links
- Self-Reliance Links
- Words to the Wise: Useful Quotes
- Books, Movies & Music We Like
- How Rich Should I Get?
- Involuntary Simplicity: Not Just Another Reality Show
- Welcome to the “Flea Market Economy”
- Life In The “Pie Economy”