As I’ve joked before, we’re now in year eleven of our “Five Year Plan”. Makes me a little teary-eyed when I think about how “Planners” must feel about the state of their reality. Anyway, for those who might find it interesting, perhaps encouraging, here’s the ongoing “to-do” list that we are wrestling with at the moment:
- Plant new fruit trees – done.
- Seed and fertilize pasture – done.
- Clean up raspberry beds – done.
- Put in garden – done.
- Prepare new strawberry beds – begun.
- Hook up garden water system – begun.
- Service all small machinery – done.
- Repair chainsaw and wheeled string trimmer – mostly done…
- Build greenhouse – begun.
- Build at least one barn door.
- Build two garden/yard gates.
- Rebuild back porch.
- Repair dog-house roof.
- Repair burst water lines in shop.
- Finish barn siding.
- Patch barn roof.
- Load-up the new woodshed.
- Spread chips/mulch in landscaping beds.
- Move and/or turn manure pile.
- Re-roof garden and storage sheds.
- Prepare canning storage area in pantry.
- Watch carport sink a bit further into the ground.
- Catch up enough to get back to work on the kitchen and bath remodel by fall.
Old Chinese proverb: “Man who finish house die.”